New Tab Homepage is a Firefox Add-on that does what it says on the tin. It loads your homepage when you open a new tab. Nothing more, nothing less. This functionality still doesn't exist as an option in Firefox and at least 180,000 people seem to agree with me that it's useful.
I deliberately created this to be a simple, no-frills replacement for functionality provided by much larger scale add-ons, such as Tab Mix Plus.
How does it work?
Just install it and restart Firefox. Now every time you click to open a new
tab, or press
Ctrl+T, your homepage will load instead of a blank tab or the
Why no screenshots?
There's no user interface! It does what it says above and nothing else.
- New Tab Homepage 0.5.3 - 26/12/2016
Mark as compatible with multi-process Firefox (aka "electrolysis" or "e10s").
- New Tab Homepage 0.5.2 - 30/01/2016
Firefox 44 compatibility.
- New Tab Homepage 0.5.0 - 29/08/2015
Rewritten as an SDK-based add-on in preparation for the gradual decline of support for XUL-based add-ons.
- New Tab Homepage 0.4.3 - 09/11/2013
- Firefox 4.0 compatibility
- Reverted focus code to work as per 0.4.1 based on feedback.